Poju Oyemade is the Senior Pastor of Covenant Christian Centre, Lagos. The church is located at 400 Herbert Macaulay Way – Yaba, Lagos.
The highly revered Cleric shares ten powerful ways Christians can handle Crisis
1. Our lives go through different seasons in a cycle. To every season there is a way you organize yourself under God to reap maximum benefits. (Jer 8:7)
2. There is a season where things kind of shut down at a level. Somethings are still going on but the person who is living according to his integrity in truth knows things have changed in the realm of the spirit. What do you do in such times, some call it stagnancy others crisis. (1Chron 16:29)
3. First of all, cultivate the habit of giving God the glory for everything that has happened in your life thus far. It is a time to minister unto the Lord. Go over your entire life; build an altar of worship where the memory of some huge advantage occurred in your life. Understand and practice God being your source for every good thing in you. (1Chron 16:29)
4. Give God thanks for whatever you have in your hands today. To him who says he has shall more be given and to him who says, “I have not” even that which he has shall be taken. Your future lies in what your hand has access to today. Everything has potential and thanking God for whatever it is will release the capital locked within it. (Mark 8:6)
5. Praise Him for what lies in your future, what He is bringing to you. Never give up on your praises. Your sacrifice of praise places your feet in motion heading towards God’s ultimate plan. Hold fast your confidence about your future by rejoicing continually in the hope of better things to come. (Heb 3:6)
6. Open your mouth wide and declare the promises God gives you about the future. He will say to you hidden, bold, big and powerful things in the scriptures. Place his words on your lips throughout the process. In a time of crisis, we lose control over our situation and this gives God room to come in and guide our affairs. He does this through our tongue; He places his word on our lips and by that guides us through the storms to His planned destination. (Psalm 81:1-6)
7. Open up to an elder. Let in people who have gone ahead into your life. Read their books with the intention of learning. Without knowledge from the older generation, there is no chance of fulfilling your mandate in your own generation. (Num 10:31)
8. Turn your weakness into His strength. You do this by rejoicing in the supposed negative things that have happened to you. By this, you remove the sting of death and the power of God flows through that area. (2Corinth: 6-13)
9. Cease from focussing on yourself but rather launch out into the service of God and your fellow man. Find out how you can be useful to God by asking Him and then praying also that you may become one who helps rather than sitting and seeking for help. Prayerfully find those in need of what you have and help them. (2Corinth 8:1-4)
10. Pray for fresh oil upon your head. Creative ideas, light, new pathways this is the table He has prepared for you in the presence of your enemies which causes your cup to run over. (Psalm 23)
Pastor Poju Oyemade
The post 10 Ways To Handle Crisis As A Christian – Pastor Poju Oyemade appeared first on ecclezzia.com.