- Have an older phone? It will speed up. iOS 11 did some damage to loading times for apps and features like the camera and podcast apps. iOS 12 has some features in place to strictly improve your older version of the iPhone. Not bad!
- More faces can be ID’d. Face ID is a handy security feature for newer iPhones, and with iOS 12 you’ll be able to set two IDs to a single device. Big win for parents who want to keep up with the junk their kids are doing on their phones or iPads.
- The screen time health feature can curb your addiction. The new Screen Time app will track all the usage for your device, including what apps you use and for how long. You can set limits for yourself and deadlines so your phone will lock you out when you’ve been on too long. Do you have the discipline to enable this app and curb your lack of discipline?
- Memojis are coming. These emojis are animated, customizable emojis of yourself. Now your parents will have something other than Bitmoji to harass you with!
- More privacy—so they say. iOS 12 equips its web browsing apps with built-in security devices that prevent data mining and fingerprinting without your knowledge. The new Safari app can also create more complex passwords for you—and save them to your device—so your phone logins will be more secure. (h/t Fast Company)
The post iOS 12 Releases Today—Here’s Everything You Need to Know appeared first on RELEVANT Magazine.