I don’t recall who said it, but years ago I heard this statement:
“God carries in His heart the fulfillment to all the desires He has placed within yours.”
The Bible puts that thought in this way:
“Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass…rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him.” Psalm 37:3-7
Here are some things we can learn from this passage about the desires of our hearts:
- The desires we carry in our hearts must come from God—His desires will be those of the Spirit and not of the flesh.
- He is the only one who can fulfill the desires He has placed within us—the fulfillment of these desires will glorify Him. He doesn’t say to us, “I have placed My desires within you, now it’s up to you, go out and make them happen.”
- He places His desires in us as a result of us delighting in Him—we will desire what He desires, delight in what He delights in, and rejoice over the things He rejoices over.
- He wants us to trust in His faithfulness to fulfill those desires.
- Don’t give up on any desire that God has placed within you.
What should you do as you wait upon Him to fulfill those desires? Do not attempt to strive, manipulate, or struggle in yourself to fulfill them. God has promised you that He will give you the desires of your heart; God has said that He will bring it to pass.
As you wait, rest and wait patiently for Him. There is no benefit in pressing or pushing, but rather be at peace, knowing that God’s timing is always perfect and His ways always bring the best.
By Roy Lessin
Used by Permission
Comments: If you don’t see our response form, please go to https://thoughts-about-god.com/blog/roy-lessin_desires-heart/
Learn more about knowing Jesus at: http://thoughts-about-god.com/four-laws/
Follow Us On: